My thoughts on Light of the Jedi Pt1: The Great Disaster

 


I was originally only planning on writing a review of the Light of the Jedi when I finished the whole book, but I had to get my thoughts on Part One: The Great Disaster down, there are spoilers ahead!


The tension of the Great Disaster is ratcheted up quickly and doesn’t let up, we’re introduced to a dizzying array of characters and locations, which adds to the anxiety of the events. The Jedi arrive (I want to see the Third Horizon), and it is immediately evident that they are different to the Jedi we know, more serene, more high minded and more connected to the force. At this point I already love the characters of Avar Kriss, Loden Greatstorm, Bell Zettifar and Captain Bright and want to know more, and I like the proliferation of species, in Part One alone we have had Duros, Ithorian, Trandoshan, Wookiee, Twi’lek and more. 


I really like that lightsabers are more than just weapons, they are used to unlock the Jedi’s ships and are also integral to their connection to the force, and each Jedi see’s the force differently, you can already tell that the High Republic is going to change our understanding of the force. The great act led by Avar Kriss to change the course of the tibanna capsule is epic and tense with Jedi passing out from the strain just like Grogu in the Mandalorian and adds more weight to Luke’s effort in the Last Jedi. And then at the end we meet the Nihil, are they responsible for the disaster or just taking advantage, I can’t wait to find out more!!!


WE ARE ALL THE REPUBLIC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Of Boba Fett Trailer Review

Into The Dark Book Review [SPOILERS]

Star Wars Celebration 2023: A Starbird Files Blog