THE end of 2020 list

 Normally I make several end of year lists, albums of the year, films I watched, books I read, but I didn’t see nearly as many films, read many books or buy much music this year, so I decided to create a list of the 10 best things from 2020 that helped me get through the madness. It’s in order but don’t pay too much attention to that.

1 - Gorillaz - Song Machine Vol1 (album) 

Song Machine wasn’t just an album it was a regular occurrence that was something to look forward to during the course of the year, not to mention it was Gorillaz best album for quite some time.


2 - Beastie Boys Story (film)

I watched the whole of this with a smile on my face.


3 - The Boys s2 (TV) 

We finished binging season one for the first time right in time for season 2 and it did not disappoint.


4 - The Mandalorian s2 (TV) 

A great second season of the adventures of Din & Grogu, plus getting to see some canon characters come to live action in Ashoka Tano, Bo Katan and Cobb Vanth plus meeting Frog Lady and Carson Teva plus some other guys turned up?


5 - Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) 

I haven’t had a console for years and when I did buy my PS4 it was mainly for Star Wars games, Ghost came with the console and it is glorious, still working my way through it.


6 - The Clone Wars s7 (TV) 

Having the final season start on my birthday was a great gift, and taken in isolation the Siege of Mandalore Arc would be top of this list.


7 - Soul (film)

A heart warming delight from Pixar to watch over Christmas.


8 - Star Wars Sessions (Podcast)

Weekly spice from the mines of Essex, one of the highlights has to be their interview with Ahmed Best.


9 - Onward (film)

The last film we saw in theatres before the end times began, it really struck a chord with me. 


10 - Shadow Fall - Alexander Freed (book)

I didn’t read nearly enough this year, especially new books, the second Alphabet Squadron book was great though and the last of the trilogy is coming soon.


Honorable Mentions;

Westworld s3 (TV), Idles - Ultra Mono (album), Menswear - The Menswear Collection (album boxset), The Long Way Up (TV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Of Boba Fett Trailer Review

Into The Dark Book Review [SPOILERS]

Star Wars Celebration 2023: A Starbird Files Blog